Thursday, December 11, 2014

What kind of media institution might distribute the magazine?



After researching both Bauer Media Group and Time Inc UK (two leading publishers in the UK) I have decided that Time Inc UK would be the best media group to publish my magazine. This is because they currently only feature music magazines that concentrate in only indie and alternative rock genres. My magazine would appeal to an audience that they don't currently cater for - Rock and metal fans. Although my target readership age is slightly similar to NME's readership, I believe that my magazine would attract slightly younger and also people of a different social group to NME's readers.



Bauer Media Group currently already have a similar magazine to the one I have created: KERRANG! They also have a similar target audience to mine which is why it would not be good to be produced by Bauer Media Group. However, if Time Inc. UK produced my magazine, they could gain a readership of up to 290,000 (Kerrangs current readership is 293,00)

No comments:

Post a Comment