Tuesday, December 9, 2014

What I have learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product - Hardware



For the photography of my magazine I used a Canon EOS 1100D. As I have an interest in photography, I already knew the basics on how I could use the camera, however throughout constructing my magazine, I have improved greatly. 

For my main photography, i made use of the natural outside light to take high quality photos.



However, for my secondary photography, I found it difficult to get the right lighting, as I wanted to take these photos indoors. This lead to the photos turning out quite yellow and grainy.


I then decided to to do a re-shoot of my secondary artist, with an external flash - Canon Speedlite 430EX.


This allowed me to direct the flash away from the model, creating soft shadows and natural lighting. This, compared with the standard direct flash found on the camera itself, gave a much more natural and high quality looking image.


External Flash turned away 
With Direct Flash



No comments:

Post a Comment